Remember how I said I was addicted to chocolate?…Well, that’s still true. But second in command might just be this baked brie. Basically it’s just about the best appetizer you could imagine. This recipe is also really flexible. You can put almost any jam or fruit spread that you fancy on the brie. You can also just play around with interesting nuts or oils. Overall, it’s great for a dinner party! and if you don’t eat it all in one sitting, unfortunately enough you can heat it up again. And again. On that note, the new years resolution is going…fine.
1/2 wedge of brie cheese
1 sheet of frozen puff-pastry, thawed
1/3 a cup of cranberry jam or jelly
1 tbs of maple syrup
2 tbs brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a non-stick cookie sheet
2. Lay out thawed puff pastry sheet on sheet, pace wedge in the middle
3. Spread cranberry jam on top and sides of cheese
4. Wrap around dough to form an oval shape, snip excess
5. Sprinkle dough with brown sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25-30 min, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with crackers.